Whether you want to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to compete as a fighter or use this unique martial art as a total body work out like no other, you will love City Boxing's BJJ program.
Do you want to:
- Work with professional trainers, all experts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?
- Train to become an amateur or professional Jiu-Jitsu or MMA fighter?
- Be pushed to your physical limit during every workout?
- Get in the best shape of your life?
- Improve your body, inside and out, as a result of focused goal based training?
- Gain additional self-confidence and respect?
- Be able to defend yourself?
- Train in a varied environment that will keep you interested and involved?
- Workout with other fun and good hearted people who also want to get into shape?
- Finally enjoy exercising by no longer experiencing it as a chore, but as a martial artist and a fighter?
- Do you want to feel like you're part of a team, a family, that supports you as you train?
- "What do I enjoy most about CB? Well to be very honest, the staff. That's one great team you guys put together!!! I've been going now for maybe 2 months and I love it. I tell all my friends and family about it and they can all tell that I really enjoy going to CB.
I enjoy it so much that as a member and as a team player, at least one or twice a week when I show up I try to take a cooler full of bottled water for everyone to help out for the awesome work out we all get."
- -Rudy Vasquez
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) is a martial art and combat sport that focuses on grappling and ground fighting with the goal of gaining a dominant position and using joint-locks and chokeholds to force an opponent to submit. BJJ can be trained for self defense, sport grappling tournaments (gi and no-gi) and mixed martial arts (MMA) competition.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Classes
This class focuses on learning the fundamentals of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Students practice various techniques using a traditional gi/kimono. Beginners will learn and practice break falls, escapes, positioning, leverage and opening the guard.
Once a student becomes competent in the basic positions and movements in the Beginner Jiu-Jitsu Class, they will be ready to train in our Advanced Class. The Advanced Jiu-Jitsu further hones the student's basic skills. Students learn more about how to effectively control and escape from all the basic positions. Students also learn more advanced submission holds and obtain a more technical understanding of Jiu-Jitsu and the proper application of the various techniques for competition.
Advanced BJJ fighters can also move on to train in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) with participation in our other training programs.
Also known as submission grappling, this class teaches students the application of Jiu-Jitsu and wrestling techniques without the use of the traditional gi/kimono. Students learn arm locks, chokes, takedowns, and sweeps.
No matter what level you train in, you will be given a personalized program catered to your needs and goals. Our trainers will work with you every step of the way to help you exceed your potential. The trainers also constantly introduce new material, so your training will never feel stale or lacking. Plus, with so many available classes, you can really plan your workout around your schedule!
- "I like knowing that if I miss a particular class I still have about two more opportunities in that day to make it up. I believe the more you make classes available, the more successful you will be."
- -David Glaze
Meet Your Lead Trainer -- Baruch
| Baruch received his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from the legendary Carlson Gracie in 2002, and is a seasoned MMA competitor. |
He is frequently called upon to train fighters in all of the top MMA organizations including the UFC, EliteXC, and WEC.
Baruch leads all Jiu-Jitsu classes.
See Baruch's fighting highlights.
- "City Boxing feels like a family. I am comfortable when I come to train. I feel like there will always be someone there to help me reach my goals and make sure that I am doing the right thing so I don't hurt myself."
- -Kevin Fronczek
World Class Gym for World Class Training
On top of offering BJJ training, you can also train in Boxing
, and Muay Thai Kickboxing
In addition to martial arts and fighting classes, City Boxing also hosts a fully equipped fitness gym which you will be able to use every day to complete your workout routine.
The gym is outfitted with:
- Swain® mats
- Heavy Bags by Everlast®, Balazs®, & Windy®
- Speed Bags & Double End Bags by Everlast®
- Uppercut Bags by Twins® and Cleto Reyes Boxing Ring
- Thai Pads & Leg Kick Pads by Twins Special® & Windy®
- Focus Mitts by Everlast®
- Hoist weight equipment
- Cybex tread mill
- Stairmaster stair stepper.