Ready to work with some of the best professional boxing trainers in the world and turn your workout regime into an addiction you will be craving all week?
Do you want to:
- Train to become an amateur or professional boxer?
- Build more confidence in your physical ability and in your daily life?
- Get the best workout and be in the best shape of your life?
- Improve your mental dexterity as well as your physical?
- Be part of an energetic and engaging team who will respect you and your efforts?
- Learn to defend yourself?
- Have fun working out and training?
- Start a personal trophy collection?
- Make new friends and workout with great people?
- Lose 20+ pounds the healthy and effective way?
- Be pushed to limits you never knew you could handle?
- "I really enjoy how the trainers push me to do my best even when I don't think I can do what they are asking. I always receive a challenge workout every time I come to CB."
- -Margaret Calloway
Boxing is one of the oldest, and probably the most widely known competitive combat sport. The training regimens employed by boxers are some of the most physically and mentally demanding workouts around. Need proof? Just take a look at the physique of any skilled boxer.
The Beginner Boxing class is a fun, fast tempo class that will give you an amazing cardio workout. Students will learn all of the fundamentals including stances, movement, and punching techniques. A heavy emphasis is placed on conditioning drills used to train professional, world-class fighters. Our aim is to help you attain a fighter's physique and stamina.
Advanced Boxing is appropriate for students who have trained for at least 6 months in our Beginner Class. The class emphasizes defensive tactics and ring strategy, while incorporating more advanced training drills involving pad training, partner pairing drills, heavy bag work, fight conditioning drills, and sparring. The skills taught in this class will allow students to build a solid foundation for competition. While competition is encouraged, it is not required.
Advanced boxers can also move on to train in Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) with participation in our other training programs.
No matter what level you train at, you will be given a personalized program catered to you. Our trainers build confidence, treat all members with high respect, and demonstrate the patience essential to your success. And of course, as one trainee put it, they really know their "#@%$!"
- "I find that I can really let go when doing the 40 lbs bags. All the trainers are good, and have specific techniques that are most enjoyable to learn. They help me advance personally."
- -Greg Chau
Meet Your Lead Trainers
Manny's boxing credentials speak for themselves:
- former WBC Champion
- former IBF Champion
- over 80 professional fights
- currently trains Denis Grachev
Take one of his classes, and you will experience a boxing training regimen that made Manny a champion.
Fighters currently training with Manny include:
Vernon knows how to train boxing champions. Just ask former IBF Cruiserweight World Champion-Calvin Davis, and undefeated pro Timothy Coleman (12-0). In addition to having trained Calvin Davis and Timothy Coleman, Vernon has been involved in boxing for nearly 30 years as both a professional fighter and coach.
Vernon currently trains the amateur boxing team.
- "Great group of people in the mornings (I go to boxing in the mornings at 6:30am Tues / Thurs / Fri). Good atmosphere, Manny is obviously a great person to learn from."
- -Brian Wolfe
World Class Gym for World Class Training
On top of offering Boxing training, you can also train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, and Muay Thai Kickboxing.
In addition to martial arts and fighting classes, City Boxing also hosts a fully equipped fitness gym which you will be able to use every day to complete your workout routine.
The gym is outfitted with:
- Swain® mats
- Heavy Bags by Everlast®, Balazs®, & Windy®
- Speed Bags & Double End Bags by Everlast®
- Uppercut Bags by Twins® and Cleto Reyes Boxing Ring
- Thai Pads & Leg Kick Pads by Twins Special® & Windy®
- Focus Mitts by Everlast®
- Hoist weight equipment
- Cybex tread mill
- Stairmaster stair stepper.